Position Available: Library Director
Posted by Ariel Custer on October 4, 2016
The Seldovia Public Library Board of Directors is seeking interested persons for the position of library director.
The position requires approximately 10-15 hours a week on a flexible schedule. This is a volunteer position that provides no salary.
Requirements are that you: reside in the Seldovia area, be 18 years of age or older, be a Seldovia Public Library Card holder, and have an interest in the library.
The library director will:
- maintain membership in the Alaska Library Association and meet the continuing education requirements under the library’s operating grant from the State of Alaska;
- be responsible for collection development: selecting and purchasing new materials and removing outdated materials from the library collection;
- develop, revise, and work within an annual budget determined by the state operating grant regulations;
- write and revise the annual state operating grant and report annually to the state on library operations as required under grant terms;
- maintain the corporate licensure;
- participate in fund raising;
- recruit, manage and schedule volunteers for staffing, tech support, circulation database maintenance, web presence, and special programs and projects as needed;
- attend board meetings, report to the board on all areas of library operations and serve as a non-voting member of the board;
- work with other local entities to produce joint programs of interest to the community;
- and other such tasks as the board might assign.
Letters of interest should be sent to the library board either by email to email@example.com or by mail to Seldovia Public Library–att: Library Board, PO Drawer H, Seldovia, AK 99663.
Questions? Contact the library board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.