Yeah, we can do that for you!
Posted by Tracie Merrill, Library Board member on March 1, 2015
Okay, if you have been inside the Seldovia Public Library, you probably know you can check out lots of materials (books, audiobooks, dvd and vhs tapes, video games, magazines, etc.) and that we offer free wifi, internet access, and public computer access but did you know this about us…?
1) you can check out a wattage meter to measure your electric use
2) you can check out flash cards for studying for a US Citizenship exam
3) you can check out jump drives (flash drives) to save files you aren’t finished working on in the library
4) we offer headphones for patrons to borrow
5) you can borrow a laptop computer from us while in the library
6) we have an early literacy station in the children’s section. This children sized computer station is filled with software offering fun and engaging games and activities for children to learn about math, reading, language, geography, science, and the arts. It’s designed for children up to the age of eight.
7) if we don’t have an item you are looking for, we can try to get it for you through the Alaska State Library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services. Besides individual items you can get loaned to you through ILL requests, you can also get book club bags (for adults and young adults) as well as “read with me” bags and/or reading kits for infants through the age of five. Find out more about these services by clicking on the below links:
8) through a link on the sidebar of our website, you can access Live Homework Help seven days a week from noon to 2am Alaska Time, except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and Independence Day. It’s free! There are tutors available to help Alaskan students in grades K-12 and intro-level college students. Live Homework Help is funded by the State of Alaska and from a grant from the Alaska State Library to the Alaska Library Network.
So, please don’t be shy about stopping by the library and asking a volunteer about any of these services!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.