Part Time Library Position Available
Posted by Rosanna McInnes, Seldovia OWL Manager on September 21, 2013
Library Board approves part time OWL IT Aide through June 2014!
Position Available: OWL IT Aide
The Seldovia Public Library Board of Directors is seeking interested persons for the position of OWL IT Aide.
- The position will require 7 hours a week.
- The position is a grant based position and will pay $15 per hour from date of hire through June 2014.
- Interested parties can also be considered for the Library Director position and CAN hold both positions simultaneously if qualified.
- General requirements are that you: reside in the Seldovia area, be 16 years of age or older, be a Seldovia Public Library Card holder, and have an interest in the library.
- Please see the attached job description for more detailed information.
Letters of interest should be sent to the library board either by email to email@example.com or by mail to Seldovia Public Library- attn.: Library Board, PO Drawer H, Seldovia, AK 99663. This position will remain open until filled.
Questions? Contact the library board at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosanna McInnes, OWL Manager, at 907-399-4204.
Alaska OWL (Online With Libraries) Project IT Aide Job Description
Purpose of the OWL Library IT Aide position:
Aides will be trained to provide maintenance and troubleshooting support for Alaska OWL (Online with Libraries) Project technology and equipment in the local public library. As a library staff member, OWL aides will be paid by the OWL Project seven hours per week.
Primary Responsibilities of OWL IT Aides:
- Attend any required training in Anchorage or other location as determined (Travel, lodging, and per diem will be reimbursed or paid by the Alaska State Library OWL Project by pre-arrangement only.)
- Participate in mandatory monthly online training to keep up-to-date and learn more about the systems and software.
- Provide basic on-site computer and equipment maintenance and support; installation of software and hardware, routine preventive maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Perform weekly computer equipment performance monitoring, maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Provide courteous assistance to users in resolving problems related to hardware, software, and networking components.
- Perform general library service responsibilities.
- Develop a community education calendar using OWL Video Teleconferencing Equipment , and CILC educational content
- Schedule and facilitate collaborative uses of OWL technology and equipment
- Assist Director and OWL Manager as needed
- Handle circulation database maintenance, social media, and web presence
- Collect data of equipment use and training sessions related to Alaska OWL project in the community library and complete monthly report forms
Basic computer and analytical skills, aptitude and interest in technology required as well as customer service skills. Applicants should be able to:
- Start a computer, unplug a computer system, and move it if needed
- Use basic office programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat. etc
- Update common software
- Provide good customer service and communication skills with the potential ability to explain technical terms and concepts to non-technical recipients as required
- Ask questions when help is needed
- Follow instructions well, and follow library and project directions and procedures
Skills that are a plus, but not required:
- Knowledge of basic computer repair and software installation preferred, but can train through program and via Video Teleconferencing on site
- Experience with troubleshooting computers and online research a plus
- Ability to work well independently
- A professional demeanor and helpful disposition
- Experience with and knowledge of basic library concepts
- Prior volunteer work in a library and knowledge of library software and applications
- Must be 16 years old or older
- The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes: be honest and trustworthy, respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, be flexible , and demonstrate a sound work ethic.
- Current library staff and volunteers are eligible. Position will be paid by OWL Project from date of hire through June 2014 with a possible extension.
Compensation: Aides will be paid for 7 hours per week at a rate of up to $15/hr from date of hire through June 2014.
2 Responses to “Part Time Library Position Available”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.