Search for library director extended until October 8
Posted by Tracie Merrill, Library Board member on September 8, 2012
Position available: Library director
The Seldovia Public Library Board of Directors is seeking interested persons for the position of library director.
The position requires approximately 10-15 hours a week on a flexible schedule. This is a volunteer position that provides no salary.
Requirements are that you: reside in the Seldovia area, be 18 years of age or older, be a Seldovia Public Library Card holder, and have an interest in the library.
The library director will:
- maintain membership in the Alaska Library Association and meet the continuing education requirements under the library’s operating grant from the State of Alaska;
- be responsible for collection development: selecting and purchasing new materials and removing outdated materials from the library collection;
- develop, revise, and work within an annual budget determined by the state operating grant regulations;
- write and revise the annual state operating grant and report annually to the state on library operations as required under grant terms;
- maintain the corporate licensure;
- participate in fund raising;
- recruit, manage, and schedule volunteers for staffing;
- handle circulation database maintenance and web presence;
- attend board meetings, report to the board on all areas of library operations and serve as a non-voting member of the board;
- work with other local entities to produce joint programs of interest to the community;
- other such tasks/special projects as the board might assign and are needed.
Letters of interest should be sent to the library board either by email to email@example.com or by mail to Seldovia Public Library–att: Library Board, PO Drawer H, Seldovia, AK 99663 no later than October 8, 2012.
Questions? Contact the library board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.